- During fire seasons, it is illegal to burn anything within 150 feet of any woodland or brushland between the hours of 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Spring Forest Fire Hazard Season: Feb. 15 – April 30.
- Fall Forest Fire Hazard Season: Oct. 1 – Dec. 15.
Burn bans generally prohibit the following:
- Burning of forest, grass, crops, woodlands, marshes or other similar areas.
- Burning leaves or debris.
- Campfires, bonfires and warming fires.
- Open pit cooking and charcoal grilling.
- Use of fireworks and welding may also be prohibited or regulated.
For more information on open burning in Kentucky please visit: